Title: Executive Director
Reports to: Chair, Board of Directors
Posted: February 8, 2017
Application Deadline: 4:00 pm, February 22, 2017
Start Date: April 1, 2017 or earlier
Location: Squash BC office, 4867 Ontario Street, Vancouver @ Vancouver Racquets Club
Compensation: Competitive Salary, Performance Incentives and Benefits package
Application Process: Submit your resume, introductory cover letter, salary expectation range and possible start date in confidence to email@example.com
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall management of the society, and in partnership with the Board of Directors, is responsible for achieving the strategic goals and outcomes of Squash BC. Together, the Board and Executive Director ensure Squash BC’s leadership within the squash community, the accomplishment of the mission and vision, and accountability of Squash BC to its constituents.
The Board delegates responsibility to the Executive Director to make all necessary decisions to facilitate the day to day operations of the organization.
Location: Position is based in Vancouver, BC and must work from the Squash BC office.
Strategic Areas of Focus:
- Strategic leadership in keeping with Squash BC’s vision and mission.
- Initiate and coordinate programs that promote and grow squash.
- Unify the membership through effective engagement and enhanced communications and outreach and build a strong membership base.
- Raise SQBC’s fiscal capacity and manage budgets and financial planning.
- Increase collaboration and relationships within the sport delivery system.
- Nurture an environment that enables the development of technical leadership (coaches & officials).
- Govern through a strong board and effective work structures.
- An astute, credible and professional builder/leader able to establish clear priorities, delegate and lead by example.
- Experience in sponsorship, marketing and membership program development.
- Confident communicator and spokesperson with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in the successful development and execution of strategic plan.
- Proven leadership experience with a not-for-profit organization preferred.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors and other volunteers in a leadership position.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook), social media tools and web administration.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines with no impact on performance.
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to recruit and engage individuals, facilitate collaboration, build consensus and deliver projects.
- A passion to grow the sport and organization on a local, provincial, and national level.
- Preferred degree in sport administration, business administration, marketing/communication and/or equivalency of education and experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel.
Interested applicants with the ability to work in British Columbia should submit their resume, cover letter, salary expectation range and possible start date in confidence by 4:00 pm on February 22nd, 2017 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information on the job description, please see ED-Job-Description.