Please welcome Tom Bedore as Squash BC’s new Executive Director.
Tom has been involved in the squash community for the past thirty years in a variety of roles – player, parent of a high performance player, coach, league captain, and director on a squash association board. He has played league and tournaments for many years in both BC and Alberta and competes nationally and internationally in the Masters categories. Tom has a true understanding of our squash culture and the incredible opportunities and future there is for squash in this province.
His reason for applying for this position “I am passionate about squash and feel it is the right time to give back and this opportunity allows me to do that.”
Off the court, Tom enjoys travel, music, public speaking and other activities to keep fit. Tom is married to Shelley and one of his children, Patrick Bedore, is a Director of Squash at a private school in the United States and was a PSA player for 5 years.
Tom’s business experience has been managing radio stations. That experience combined with his volunteer experience as Chair for the Grande Prairie United Way, a Director of Squash Alberta and Director for the Edmonton Sport Council give Tom the knowledge and expertise required for this job.
The key areas of expertise that Tom brings to the position of Executive Director are:
- Exemplary people and leadership skills that will help to unify, build and maintain excellent community, partner and stakeholder relationships
- Managing business plans resulting in new business opportunities and revenue growth, strategic partnerships and collaboration with others
- Executing strategic plans and initiatives that drive revenues, growth, community positioning, profits and partnerships
- Strong financial and organization skills to ensure the growth of the organization
- Having worked in both large and smaller towns he understands the differences and the opportunities that each offers for squash
- Dynamic leadership and teamwork
- Understanding of our squash community and what it will take to grow squash in BC
Squash BC is excited to work with Tom. I know Tom is looking forward to meeting the membership – both clubs and facilities and individuals as soon as he can.
We are also very lucky to have Kevin Kydd staying on as Technical Director for the next several months to mentor Tom as he transitions into his new role but also to continue the great work he has been doing on behalf of Squash BC since January.
Kevin very kindly stepped back into a familiar role for him – the Executive Director, on an interim basis while the Board undertook the search for a new Executive Director. It has been the great pleasure of this Board to have the opportunity to work with Kevin. His breadth of knowledge, expertise and passion for squash is unparalleled. I am so pleased that Kevin will continue to work with Squash BC in an official capacity. Having both Tom and Kevin working as a team will ensure that Squash BC does not skip a beat while we go through the transition period.
Tom starts his position on April 10th and will be located at the Squash BC office at the Vancouver Racquets Club.
Tom Bedore email@example.com
Kevin Kydd firstname.lastname@example.org
Many, many thanks to the Executive Director Search Committee: Joel Casey, Cathy Covernton, Natasha Doucas, Sue Griffin, Mark Robinson. I chaired the Committee.
President, Squash BC