Squash BC has two distinct types of membership. Individual membership for each individual person, and facility membership, which allows various facilities (clubs, rec centres, universities etc) to be a member.
Who and What is Squash BC?
Squash BC is a registered not-for-profit society, and is the provincial governing body devoted to the promotion and organization of Squash for all skill levels and age groups throughout the province of British Columbia. Squash BC believes strongly in it’s 5 core values: Excellence, Integrity, Innovation, Relationships, and Service.
2015/16 Membership Dues
Adult Membership – $44.00 + GST
Young Adult (19-24 yrs old) – $20.00 + GST
Junior (18 or younger) – $15.00 + GST
Benefits to Individual Member of Squash BC?
- 3rd Party Liability Insurance – ie. you hit someone in the eye playing while playing in a sanctioned event and they seek damages via litigation; this insurance covers you.
- Supplemental Sport Accident Insurance – if you are injured during a sanctioned event, there is some supplemental insurance such as dental or physio to assist with the costs
- Access to the Canadian Direct Insurance Member Affinity Program to save on insurance costs
- Eligible to receive funding from Squash BC where appropriate
- Be able to play in sanctioned tournaments without paying the additional insurance fees
- Be able to play in Squash BC sanctioned leagues.
- Receive an official Squash BC ranking
- Be able to sign up on-line for tournaments, courses, and other special offers on the Squash BC web site.
- Be able to take officiating courses at a reduced rate.
- Be eligible to represent BC on Provincial Teams in various national and international competition (ie. Elite, Masters, Juniors, Canada Winter Games.)
- Be able to take part in Squash BC sanctioned Junior Programs and tournaments.
- Be able to take coaching courses at the Squash BC member rate
- Receive the Squash BC Newsletter
- Be a member of Squash Canada, the World Squash Federation and able to play in sanctioned events world wide.
- By joining Squash BC you are helping squash grow and assisting towards our inclusion in the Olympics.
The individual membership with Squash BC runs from Nov 1 – Oct 31.
The Full Club Membership is designed for facilities who wish to involve themselves with programs for the benefit of their business and clients.We support Squash facilities that range from large private clubs to non-profit clubs and community centres.
For more information on Facility Memberships, contact Jordan at the Squash BC office.
Benefits to Full Facility Members are:
- Host Sanctioned Tournaments and Leagues.
- Host Sanctioned Officiating Clinics.
- Host Sanctioned Coaching Clinics.
- Facility Members are covered by additional 3rd party liability insurance to cover all Squash BC sanctioned events including the organizing pro or volunteers of those events.
- Have full voting rights at Squash BC AGM.
- Take part in Sanctioned Junior Development Programs (ie Training Squads or Junior Squash Pathway)
- Use Squash BC’s online registration for tournaments.*
- Post relevant information on Squash BC’s web site.*
- Distribute program and tournament information through the Squash BC Newsletter.
- Receive a free link from Squash BC’s facility page to your facility’s website.
- Receive referrals from Squash BC when new players inquire to facilities in their area.
- Have a Club/Facility listing on Squash BC web site
- You are able to bid on hosting, provincial and national tournaments.
- Receive all mail from the Squash B.C. office including, entry forms for B.C. & out of province tournaments and events, Magazines, Posters, Notices and Tournament Schedule.
*indicates extra charges may be associated with this service