Squash BC publishes job postings from time to time for positions within Squash BC, its Member Clubs and other Squash Organizations.
CANADA SUMMER JOB PROGRAM:
ASSISTANT, PROGRAM COORDINATOR
- 30 Hours / week
- Term: 8 weeks
- Start date: June 15, 2019 or earlier if possible
- Hourly rate: $15.00 / hour
Squash BC is a non-profit organization providing leadership and direction for the growth and development of the sport of squash in British Columbia. As the official amateur sport governing body for the squash in the province, Squash BC supports the community of squash by providing resources and opportunities for sport and competition for all ages and abilities.
ELIGIBLE APPLICANTS: CANADA SUMMER JOBS PROGRAM
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with BC legislation and regulations.
The Assistant Program Coordinator will support the development of new squash pilot programs to introduce and engage new participants in the game of squash. One program will specifically be focused on post secondary institutes and students. The other program will focus on inclusion of under-served groups in our sport.
The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director and the Coordinator, Member Services and Operations to develop these pilot programs.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
Research, analysis and assessment:
- Using digital technology, research similar programs in other sport and recreation organizations; assess the best opportunities for squash
- Interview stakeholder groups to determine needs and preferred methods of implementation; assess the feedback
- Other research as needed to support/supplement the new programs
Program development and planning
- Based on the assessments, assist in the concept development, development of implementation plans and budgets to pilot the programs
- Develop the evaluation criteria and evaluation process
- Depending on timing of the pilots, support the implementation of the pilot projects
Communications and Client Service
- Prepare progress reports on a regular basis to share in writing and verbally with the Squash BC staff team and the Board
- Working closely with the Executive Director, prepare and present the programs developed to the Board of Directors
- Working closely with the Executive Director, identify and recruit local volunteers to support the programs and develop support mechanisms for those volunteers
- Develop materials (digital and electronic files) to market the programs to each of the targeted audiences
- Some post-secondary education.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner both orally and written.
- Computer experience in MS Office, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Strong technical skills with an ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent capacity to stay organized, prioritize and manage multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Previous experience in sport and/or recreational program development and/or implementation an asset.
- Experience with the game of squash an asset.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in being a part of our innovative team and are passionate about making a difference, we hope that you will consider a career with us.
Interested and qualified candidates can apply emailing your resume and a cover letter to
executive.[email protected] by June 6, 2019. While we thank all applications for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.