Squash BC publishes job postings from time to time for positions within Squash BC, its Member Clubs and other Squash Organizations.
Position: Head Squash Pro - Full time
Company: The Arbutus Club
The Arbutus Club has been a landmark in Vancouver since 1964. Today, we are a modern recreation complex with first class food and beverage services. Our vast range of facilities and programs, coupled with unparalleled service, have earned us a reputation as one of Canada’s finest premier Private Clubs. Our motto is ‘Putting Families First.’ We are looking for a highly motivated Head Squash Pro who will have access to 5 International Singles Squash Courts and Lobby for social gatherings and events.
Duties & Responsibilities
Develop, implement and run junior programs and camps in alignment with Squash BC’s Junior Squash Pathway model or a similar model
• Develop, organize and support adult leagues, ladders and clinics
• Plan and implement in-house tournaments and social events with the assistance of Recreation Services Staff and the Squash Committee
• Provide group lessons and private/semi-private lessons for juniors and adults of all levels
• Promote the sport of Squash within the Club by contributing to Club publications
• Maintain and build a communication network via email to inform squash players and recruit new squash players within the club community
Requirements & Qualifications
• A high level of Member service is essential for this role
• NCCP Level 2 Club Coach Certified or higher preferred (or international equivalent) with consideration for equivalent experience
• Minimum 3-5 years’ experience developing and overseeing junior and adult squash programs, including experience with establishing new programs
• Competitive playing experience preferred
• Experience organizing in-house tournaments and events of all sizes is required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient computer, organizational and time management skills
Join the Club
• Competitive pay rate based on level of experience
• Incredible work environment with a fun and diversified team
• Be part of Canada’s leading private family Club!
Applicants may submit a Resume with a Cover Letter in PDF format, by November 2, 2019 to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest in The Club. However, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. Visit our Website at www.arbutusclub.com.
Position: Squash Coach
Company: Evergreen Squash Club of West Vancouver (dba Evergreen Squash Club)
Business Address: 315 Klahanie Court, West Vancouver, BC V7P 3P5
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Job Location: West Vancouver, BC
Address: 315 Klahanie Court, West Vancouver, BC V7P 3P5
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
- Minimum Level 2 WSF (World Squash Federation) certification;
- Completion of Secondary School;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience coaching squash at all levels;
- Minimum 2 years directing and overseeing junior squash programs, including developing new programs;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Strong playing, instructing and coaching background;
- CPR Certification.
- Assist in overseeing the squash department including adult and junior coaching programs;
- Assist in running the junior program;
- Provide private squash lessons to all level of play including young kids and beginners;
- Plan, develop and implement training and practice sessions of squash;
- Motivate and prepare athletes for tournaments;
- Actively recruiting new squash players;
- Travel to tournaments locally and out of town as needed;
- Assist in planning and implementing club wide member tournaments, events, and social gatherings;
- Be available to attend board meetings upon request.
How to apply: Please send resume by email to [email protected]